Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh wow.

So I've been here for two weeks...well I've been gone for two weeks. I've been in my small town for one week and in Bulgaria for a week and a half. I'm starting to notice culture differences, which is good. There are a lot of things that seem the same on the surface, but aren't really the same at all once you get down to it. I started teaching yesterday and will have my first full class on Wednesday. So far I've taught 7th graders. They are loud and crave attention, but I really enjoy them. They are eagar to learn and aren't apathetic yet. I think I'm starting to come down with something though. So let's hope it's just a sore throat and that it'll be gone by Monday.

Let me give you a basic run-down of my schedule:
between 6:30 and 7 am Wake-Up
8 am Meet the other Volunteers at the cafe and drink coffee and walk to school
8:30 Get to school and prep for class
9- 11:30 We teach English
12:30- 1:30 Lunch at "home"
1:30 -4:30 Bulgarian Language Class
5:30- 7 Read and study
around 9 pm we eat dinner
i go to bed before 11 every night.

Needless to say I'm glad it's the weekend! Now, I'm going to go rest. :-)

No comments: